arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
horizontal wave in D9200
Posted: Jan-5-2016 8:01 PM

Hello all,

I have a 10 year old Wells Gardner 27" D9200 monitor that is connected to an AVGA card of the same age. This setup has been rock solid since completing my arcade machine in 2007.

Recently I noticed a very subtle horizontal waving motion (not a line, just movement/oscillation) that is visible in all of the AVGA resolutions I tested except one; interesting, 288 X 264 did not appear to demonstrate this issue....not sure if that's relevant. Also, the wave appears to change speed (not sure if that's the best word for it; perhaps frequency is better) at different resolutions.

I've tried simple things like degausing, checking to ensure the AVGA card is properly seating in the computer, checking the monitor cable, etc. The most common advice I get is to CAP the monitor; which, given it's age, is probably good advice. However, I thought I'd post here to see if anyone might have any other trouble-shooting tips I could perform, before going the CAP kit route.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
G.

Posted: Jan-7-2016 9:09 AM

Did you try connecting a laptop to it? Its weird it works on one resolution fine and not the others. If it still doesn't work with a laptop maybe just try changing all the caps in the power supply section on the monitor.

ArcadeMonitor.com helping people fix arcade monitors and great products.

sign in to post reply