arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
crt is grey with white lines at a 45 degree angle
Posted: Nov-16-2013 12:23 PM

I have a 1995 dyna cherry master bar machine,you can play the game but cannot see game,the crt screen is grey with white lines running on a 45 degree angle about 2in. apart,what would be problem,what would I check...it is a 8liner

Posted: Apr-1-2015 11:45 PM

you have no video drive and your screen is set to high. the lines are called retrace lines. the tubes coduction is so high it cannot be driven into blacker than black region so you see the horizontal lines during verticle retrace

Posted: Apr-2-2015 2:15 PM

how do I go about fixing it I am a dummy,jean could you walk me through on fixing it thanks

Posted: Apr-3-2015 8:02 AM

you need to be very carful. there a voltages that you will be cloise to that can deliver a nasty shock. onley touch plastic. on one corner of the monitor board id a black box with a big fat red wire coming off the top of it going to a black suction cup on rtop of the tube. on that box will be two buttons the top bieng focus and the bottom bieng screen. turn that one down and the grey should go to black. turn it to the point of just black. turn your normal brihtness control up and down you should see some change. the next step is to look at the wiring in the cabinet. it must be unpluged for this .there should be a group of wirs usualy5 or 6 that connect to the monitor board. these must be intact and securly seated. turn on if still no vidio it will need serios help to verify voltages om crt socket and signal that require special test equipment and knowledge to do

sign in to post reply