arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
Where to find capkit for Wells-Gardner Model 19k4626?
Posted: Apr-11-2015 9:09 AM

okay so as i said in my previous thread, ive got monitor problems with multi-image and convergence. Ive tweeked with everything and am not being led to believe it needs a new cap kit before i give up. The model is 19k4626, anybody know where i can get a full kit? Or what do i need to do to figure out which ones i need? This is my first arcade so any help is appreciated! Thanks

Click on the image to zoom in
Posted: Apr-12-2015 10:23 PM

eBay! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wells-Gardner-K4600-Cap-Kit-Get-Well-Kit-for-Monitor-Repair-/200773284558?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebf0532ce

So when you test the game can you hear it playing or not?

ArcadeMonitor.com helping people fix arcade monitors and great products.

Posted: Apr-12-2015 10:25 PM

Yeah i can hear it play and see movement but just the image is effected.

Posted: Apr-12-2015 10:28 PM

That is good! Well a cap kit might fix everything up then

Posted: Apr-16-2015 7:04 PM

New cap kit installed. Same problem persists. I am now able to turn the color tone down so the black is dark and the rgb is bright but they are still not converged and there are 5 copies still. Any opinions? Ive got a cga to vga converter coming in the mail.Thanks

Posted: Apr-22-2015 1:09 PM

Did you get cga to vga converter? Is it the game or monitor?

Posted: Apr-22-2015 1:13 PM

I got the converter and have been busy so im going to play with it this weekend. I kind of need help figuring out where to put the power wires though.... any assistance/pix?

Posted: Apr-22-2015 5:31 PM

They didn't send you wires with it, that makes it hard. What does it look like?

Posted: Apr-22-2015 5:36 PM

No they did, its got all the wires i need im just not sure where to hook the ground/power wire to. I wish there was a good video/guide showing exactly what to do. The only available ones just show the converter already hooked up but not where its wired into.

Posted: Apr-24-2015 1:22 PM

All you have to do is find the ground and 5v on the power supply. Those things are really easy to hook up. Then you plug in your red, green, blue, sync, and ground video wires in and then connect a computer monitor with a VGA cable.

Posted: Apr-24-2015 3:57 PM

Like i said im extremely new to this. How do i find the 5v to connect to? Im adding 2 pix of my power supply(s). If you can help me in the right direction id appreciate it. Id like to hook it up tonight. Thanks

Posted: Apr-24-2015 7:01 PM

I made a video.
[youtube]f_MoElX_g-o[/youtube]

Posted: Apr-24-2015 7:28 PM

Dang thanks i really appreciate that. I actually ended up using the volt meter on the wires and hooked the red wire to one of the reds in the harness and grounded to the monitor chassis. I had a little trouble figuring out the chinese menu but eventually found english. The other issue i had was what all wires i needed to use as there are 2 differant plugs, turns out all of them lol. But good news, i was able to get it working and it is in fact the monitor. Adding pictures of my comp monitor playing galaga. Any suggestions of what to do next? Thanks

Posted: Apr-25-2015 12:54 PM

I have one idea that you can try before you are going to have to send that chassis in for repair. Because what you said! I know the two plugs you're talking about and you shouldn't have had to connect all the wires to get the converter to work. I am thinking you just don't have sync going to your monitor still. By-pass the filter board and connect the monitor directly to the Galaga pcb, it doesn't need it and it will plug right in perfectly.

At least the galaga is working! Because if that was broken the only real people that can fix it are expensive and everyone else sucks! lol

Posted: Apr-25-2015 1:46 PM

You know what, when i found the thing thats how it actually was plugged in. Bypassing the filter board. I havnt tried that yet so ill do it today. Thanks

Posted: Apr-25-2015 2:43 PM

Okay just bypassed the filter board and still have the same problem. I asked my maintenance guy at work who did my capkit for me what he thought i should try next and he suggested to turn this one red dial in the center of this vert/horiz which is the only thing i havnt messed with. Ive attached a picture of the board, do you know what the center red dial thing is? Thanks

Posted: Apr-26-2015 1:49 AM

I don't know, I would just send the chassis in for repairs now. Any of those components could be broken and there could be more then one. I send all my chassis to this guy in LA and he always has them fixed and running perfect in less then a week. http://pnlvideo.com/4652.html

Posted: Apr-26-2015 8:31 PM

Thanks. Theres a guy i know not to far from me that charges $250 which i think is way to much. Okay another question though. I live in ohio so shipping to LA cant be cheap. What all do you send him? The whole tube monitor and chassis? Im trying to keep my investment around $100 if possible. Thanks

Posted: Apr-27-2015 1:46 AM

Yeah $250 is a rip off! You would be better off putting your computer monitor in there it looks good lol! You should just call him I'm sure he will only charge you the flat fee of $50, your monitor is practically working and you already did a cap kit. He is fun to talk to he's Asian haha. I just looked up FedEx and it looks like it's under $20 and you just ship him the chassis only, I added a picture of a chassis just to show you what you send him and watch the youtube video on how to discharge the picture tube before you take off the high voltage wire. Plus I like to take pictures of the wires I take off so I know where to put them back.

[youtube]mV9Td8vAb0Y[/youtube]

Posted: Apr-27-2015 2:18 AM

Cool ill be giving him a call soon. Do you think this will actually fix my issue? I plan on explaining to him exactly whats going on. I just dont want to do it and then have something around like the yoke or convergence rings be the issue. Sorry if thats a silly question but like i said im completely new to this. Also do i send the flyback as well? Mines seperate from the chassis thats why im asking. Thanks

Posted: Apr-27-2015 2:40 AM

Yeah it will fix the issue and he knows way more then I know all they do is fix arcade monitors all day long. Convergence rings wouldn't do that and I have never had a yoke break on me and he will need the flyback too. I have sent him chassis for over 10 years.

Posted: Apr-27-2015 2:04 PM

Good deal, thanks. Once i get a break from work and class ill give him a call. I cant wait for this baby to finally be done. I asked my 5 year old nephew if he knew what it was and he looked kind of concerned and shook his head no. When i told him it was a game he was really skeptical. So i showed him the buttons and said "its broke so i will fix it and you can play" so now im obligated to get it working lol.

Posted: Apr-30-2015 6:15 PM

Ive got my chassis packed up and hopefully shipping out tomorrow. I called the guy and he said "yes u send here, we fix, you pay with credit card and we send back" so am i supposed to call him back in like a week or something? I told him id write a note and put in the box with my return address, phone number, and model #. Thanks

Posted: May-1-2015 8:36 PM

Yep simple simple! He will call you when it's done if he had your credit card on file he would just charge you and send it back. That is what I do I just write a note on what its doing and stick it in the box with the chassis.

Posted: May-13-2015 4:58 PM

Okay i got my chassis back today. Put everything back together, upon turning on the screen looked like the matrix. Nimbers and letters everywhere scrambled then a Rom error popped up. I turned it to test mode and retried. Test mode appeared saying ram and rom are good. So i switch it back to free play and turn on again. It worked good, we played 3 games. So i decided to turn it off and see what happens when i turned it back on. BOOM, something went wrong. The monitor looks like complete crap, its making a loud *errrrrrrrr* noise like a bad tv channel, and theres some liquidy sounds. The picture is attached to this message. Did it just ruin my tube or what? Im really upset as i just invested $100 for 1 play. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Posted: May-13-2015 6:30 PM

When i asked him what he did, he said he "used a special tool to fix the frequency" does the previous picture/my symptoms point to the tube going bad? Or do you think maybe a fuse just blew or something? I could turn the thing on and off with no issues previous to this fix. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Posted: May-13-2015 8:02 PM

It's not your tube, it's white so you have all your colors. Nothing disconnected on the monitor? That is a pretty weird looking picture like something discounted. Even if the monitor is not working you should still hear the game playing. Unless your power supply now blow up, that would cause the game and monitor not to work.
[youtube]ugi6DXMETx0[/youtube]

Posted: May-13-2015 9:33 PM

My game looked exactly like that video and played good until i turned it off and tried turning back on. Now there is no game sound or color/picture. It just sounds like a very loud feedback sound like a bad radio or tv station. Im going to hook up the vga/cga converter again tomorrow and see if the monitor got fried or something.

Posted: May-14-2015 2:58 AM

Did you check the fuses yet?

Posted: May-14-2015 4:51 PM

Okay so i just tried my cga/vga converter. At first it still made that super loud feedback noise, so i checked my wiring for the converter and turned it back on. It was quiet. So i unplugged everything, hooked the arcade back up and turned it on. Ive got sound back and color but the same exact multi non converting images. Im going to give the asian a call back.

Posted: May-14-2015 10:12 PM

That sucks but that guy is cool I sent him a working monitor once thinking it was broke and he was like why you send this to me lol! Welcome to the world of arcade games they are a pain!

Posted: May-14-2015 10:26 PM

Not sure if my last message came through. The game seems to be fixed again. In case somebody else has this same issue and stumbles across this forum, what you want to do is adjust the red pot/dial in the picture below. I turned it up really high(right) until i heard a high pitch frequency. Keep looking at the monitor for changes. Thanks for all your help and whatnot!

Posted: May-14-2015 10:34 PM

I never touch those dials but is everything working again?

Posted: May-14-2015 10:41 PM

Yep! After playing with the converter and unplugging/replugging the power supply wires in. I started over from square 1 and caled the china man who said "yes you be okay, turn knobby" so i turned it up real high and it worked. I played it for about 1/2 hr and am going to play more tomorrow. I plan on keeping it plugged in for a few hrs as well.

Posted: May-22-2015 4:40 AM

That is cool it's working !! You should upload a pic of the working game, I want to see how it looks! Thanks

Posted: May-22-2015 4:48 AM

Here they are...

Posted: Aug-8-2017 9:39 PM

Nickofspencer .. i signed up just to tell you right on. You saved me a ton of time. I just moved that red dial a hair and it worked fabulously!!

Saved me time and cash, if youre ever in Dallas i owe you!!

sign in to post reply