arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
Neotec 2702 issue
Posted: May-10-2013 11:33 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else hate these *tek and *tec monitors? It seems like with all other monitors you get a problem, you replace a part and you are good. With these monitors, you are changing out parts, hunting down the next part, changing more parts. Then they break all over again in two weeks.

Anyways, all rants aside, I have a Neotec 2702 I am having issues with. I walked past it one day and the screen is black. I check the back and see that there is no high voltage glow. I replaced the flyback and HOT, it pops back on for literally 3 minutes and screen goes black again. This time, I replace the HOT, pull a bunch of caps out in the general area around it and find one bad one connected right to the collector on the HOT (the middle pin, so I am guessing collector even though I know that is not always the case). I replace the bad cap, hook everything back up and it powers on. It is good for about half an hour or an hour and then I walk past and it is quite a bit darker than before, but the picture is still there. As I watch it, it slowly shrinks down on the left and right and collapses into a bright white spot in the middle before going completely black and starting the process over again. The whole loop takes about 5 seconds from full screen, just a bit dark, to bright white ball, to black screen.

I shut it down to prevent further damage, but I have to say I have never seen a symptom like this before. Granted, I have only been repairing monitors for a little over 3 years.

Has anyone seen this that can guide me in the right direction as to how to get this monitor fixed?

sign in to post reply