arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
Just bought a cabinet, and I have a few questions
Posted: Mar-19-2012 3:13 PM

I recently purchased a Double Dragon cabinet that used to be a Berserk cabinet and it has a few monitor problems. There seems to be a lack of the color red, and the screen is very green unless I let it "warm up" a little, there are also green horizontal lines that I can't seem to get rid of. I have opened it up and messed with the knobs on the monitor, but it didn't seem to help at all. Are these problems that could be fixed with purchasing a new monitor chassis & yolk? If so, how difficult is it to install yourself? I am wanting to turn this into a MAME cabinet and I want to see if I can repair the monitor before I go the cheaper (and less authentic) old computer monitor route. I am willing to post pictures if needed.

Thanks a lot!

Posted: May-18-2012 3:33 PM

It sounds like the guns are going bad in your crt. I had the same problems with my area 51 arcade game. green always had issues then later it became green and red. the good thing is if you are planning to turn your arcade machine into a mame then at least you wont have too many problems finding a replacement. for info about your mame cabinet may I suggest to check out Hyperspin you will like it. It takes a while to get things set up but you will be pleased after it is finished. The cool thing is about hyperspin is it looks like my Ultracade but better.

sign in to post reply