arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Posted: Nov-6-2012 5:43 AM

I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I just bought a cabinet this weekend and I plugged it in and my daughter started playing when the screen froze up witha coin jam error. I flipped the cabinet switch off and then back on. When this happened a cracking noise occurred, and electrical smell and the screen distorted then blinked out. I disconnected the monitor from the power supply and turned the unit back on confirming that the speakers and all other items work (Pacman starts and plays, I can hear it going) confirming the monitor is the problem. My question is this, should I buy anopther CRT for the cabinet or can I and should I upgrade the unit to an LCD. I have attached pics of the PCB and power supply. Specs for cabinet below:
25" Wells-Gardener 7000 Monitor Model: 25K7193
Midway Cabinet Model: Universal Cabinet 40135

Also can anyone tell me if this PCB can take a track ball and another set of buttons and joystick? Cabinet only had 1 stick and 2 buttons along with a selector switch (coin slot area) and player 1 & 2 buttons.

The "Not-so-Safe" Safety Guy
Posted: Apr-1-2015 11:54 PM

repair the monitor. lcd screens are expensive and realy not viable for a basement arcade unless you have the the money to spend. an lcd conversion kit from suzo happ or wg is around 500 bucks and ther is still machanicle work to be done.

sign in to post reply