arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
Sanwa PM1745 Blows 1.6A 250V Fuse
Posted: Mar-28-2012 2:17 PM

Hello,

I think I messed up my Sanwa PM1745 Chassis. It was giving off colors so I pulled it out and reflowed solder to the area that would correct if you pushed on it.

The problem is when I hooked it back up much later, I connected the "CRT/E" wire to the "P1 N" pin on the chassis by mistake. When it powered on you could hear a loud clicking sound thru the speakers. I quickly powered it off to see what happened. After inspecting it, I found out what I did wrong, and found both fuses blown, 1.6A 250V and the 4A 250V. I replaced both fuses and connected the CRT/E wire correctly to the neck board not the chassis. Now it only blows the 1.6A 250V fuse. Upon further inspection, I believe the HOT is bad. I have not been able to find the diagram for this monitor and I am not sure what else could of been damaged by my mistake. So far I think I need a C5143 HOT, which I have not been able to locate.

Does anyone know what else may of been damaged or what else I should check?
Does anyone know where I can get the HOT?
Does anyone have the schematics for this chassis?

Thank you for reading my post.

Posted: Mar-29-2012 12:14 PM

I just did a quick search and it looks like a guy on eBay is selling the HOT you need [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/2SC5143-C5143-/220757121760?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3366265ae0[/url]

ArcadeMonitor.com helping people fix arcade monitors and great products.

Posted: Mar-29-2012 5:30 PM

Thanks for finding that. Is there anything else I should check prior to swapping out the hot?

Posted: May-2-2012 10:09 AM

I received my HOT, but now I need to know what is the lone resistor value which is located on the solder side of the chassis? I can not read the color code and the values are unstable. Not sure if it was added as a later mod or if it came from the factory that way. I can not find it in any diagrams. It is the lone little resistor under the chassis towards the outer edge, middle.

Click on the image to zoom in

sign in to post reply