arcademonitor.com
choosing a monitor
Blown Fuse on Monitor Board
Posted: Jan-27-2014 10:21 AM

Hi Everyone,
I'm new on here, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I recently purchased a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade game in an original dedicated cabinet. Brought it home, plugged it in, and everything worked great. The next morning, turned game on and sounds and gameplay were working, but nothing from monitor. Being new to this, I did a little internet research and checked voltage going into and out of the Isolation Transformer. Voltage in was 134v, out to monitor was 143v. Seemed really high. Checked voltage at outlet and it was 124v. Checked a little fuse I saw on the monitor board and it was blown (2A, 250V Fast Burn). Replaced fuse (knowing I hadn't repaired cause, but wanted to see if was a dead short or something) and monitor was immediately back on line. After turning game on and off over the next few days of intermittent playing, the fuse blew again. With game working, checked voltage output of Isolation Transformer and it was down to 135v. My questions are 1) With 124v coming out of wall, why is there 134v going into the Isolation Transformer and is this normal? 2) Could the voltage be the cause of the blown fuse? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Posted: Apr-1-2015 11:40 PM

yes particularly on yhr older units

sign in to post reply